Solar power system is used in residential building to use solar power by means of photovoltaic. Photons from sun rays hits panels to generate electricity. The generated output current form PV is direct current. The appliances used in our household generally operate with alternating current so the output DC from PV should be converted to AC through inverter. This is a general overview of a solar PV system.
The majority of residential solar PV system in Nepal are off grid standalone power source system including PV modules, mounting systems, cables, inverter, batteries and other electrical accessories to power your house without requiring grid connection. Generally in our country solar PV system in residential building is used as backup system during power outage. In urban and sub urban areas, PV arrays are used in rooftops for additional power source; often the building has connection to the power grid in which the produced photovoltaic energy can be stored in the battery to use it when need.
Before planting a solar power plant various aspects are to be considered. Estimating roof top insolation is a multi-aspect process. This value is affected by various factors such as:
- Time of year
- Weather condition
- Roof slope
- Shading from adjacent buildings
Now let’s discuss about some pros and cons of residential solar power system;
- Solar is a renewable and free source of energy.
- Energy Independence
- It is a clean form of energy. So planting a solar plant means reducing your carbon footprint.
- Requires less maintenance and has longer lifetime
- High initial cost.
- Weather dependence.
- Not portable once installed. When you move it is nearly impossible to take the solar plant with you.
- Limitations from your surroundings.
If you want to install Solar PV plant for your house, once you understand how solar panels works, its advantages and disadvantages, you need to select a better installation company. Depending on where you live, your residential load requirement we need to select best panel size, battery size and inverter and power controller. If you want such service, you can trust Dharabijuli services for better service experience.
- Open Loop System Vs. Closed Loop System in Solar Water Heater - October 5, 2021
- Know about Solar Power System in residential buildings - August 17, 2021
- Waiting for hot water in the taps? Know the reasons behind it. - August 3, 2021